Now before I begin, I just want to say, I really wanted to make this a raspberry ripple cheesecake. Sadly it did not turn out the way I had planned but it was so delicious I had to share it with you. I thought this could be a potential dessert for the warm weather that seems to be on the way.
For those of you that are wondering where I got summer berries from in winter, I bought a bag from the frozen section in our local supermarket. There is a large selection of frozen fruit, and summer fruits is just one of many.
It’s always nice to have a taste of summer even when it’s freezing outside. These raw, vegan cheesecakes taste so yummy and are really very simple. I love making vegan desserts as they make a good change. Plus they are not filled with refined sugar and they are very satisfying.
- Small mixing bowl
- Bowl x 1 (with lid if possible)
- Food processor
- Spring form cake tin
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
Ingredients for the Berry Chia Seed Jam
- Frozen or fresh raspberries x 1 handful
- Frozen or fresh blueberries x 1 handful
- Chia seeds x 4 tablespoons
- Lime x 1 (juice and zest)
- Maple syrup x 4 tbsp
- Cinnamon x 1 – 2 tsp
Method for the jam
- Put all the ingredients in the small mixing bowl.
- Mash them together with a fork until most of the blueberries have broken.
- Put in the fridge overnight.
Ingredients for the cream cheese
- Cashew nuts x 200g
- Milk of your choice x enough to cover the nuts
- Coconut oil x 100mls
- Put the nuts into the bowl with the lid.
- Pour over enough milk to cover the nuts.
- Place the lid on and put into the fridge over night.
- The next day put the cashew nuts into the blender along with the coconut oil.
- Blend these ingredients together until smooth.
Ingredients for the base of the cheesecake
- Medjool dates x 150g
- Pecans x 150g
- Coconut oil x 100g
- Maple syrup x 4 tbsp
- Raw cacao powder x 4 tbsp
Method for the base
- Remove the stones from the medjool dates.
- Put the dates into the food processor along with the pecans, coconut oil, maple syrup and raw cacao powder.
- Blend all of these ingredients together until the dates and pecans have been roughly chopped.
- Put the mixture onto the base of the spring form cake tin.
- Spread it as evenly as possible until there is a fairly flat surface on the base.
- My hands are the best tool I have for spreading the mixture.
- Finally put the base in the fridge for a couple of hours or over night.
Method for putting the cheesecake together
- In the large mixing bowl pour the cream cheese mixture.
- Add in the summer berry chia seed jam and mix these ingredients together.
- Pour this mixture over the top of the base of the cheesecake and put into the fridge for two or more hours.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Then enjoy.
Summer Fruit Berry Cheesecake was a huge success when I served it to friends recently. They all really enjoyed it and it was a very easy dessert. Although there are lots of parts to making this dish they are all very simple. Plus it’s a dessert you could make the day before or you can also freeze this dessert too. So it could be made in advance of a party or celebration. However you decide to eat this tempting dessert, as always, enjoy.
Now that the weather is heating up what’s your favourite summer dessert? Let me know in the comment below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx