During the colder months on a Saturday lunch time I like nothing more than cooking myself chips and making a yummy dip. Normally I make sweet potato chips and a hummus. The other day I fancied a change. In recent months I have been experimenting with a spice called ‘Sumac’.
Sumac grows in subtropical temperatures. It can be found in East Asia and Africa. This spice has a light, tart and astringent flavour. It can be used in lots of soups, stews and curries. I felt it would help to add extra flavour to this dip. So when it was combined with other spices in the guacamole it worked well. One I will definitely be making again soon. Below is the video on how to make this delicious dip and recipe for you.
Do you love a dip and if so, what’s your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large mixing bowl
- Masher or fork
- Juicer or fork
- Avocado x 3
- Tomatoes x 2 large
- Sumac x 1 tsp
- Mild or hot chilli powder x 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika x 1 tsp
- Cinnamon x 1/2 tsp
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Lime x 1 (zest and juice)
- Fresh coriander x 1 large handful
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stones and skins.
- Put the flesh into the large mixing bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, then roughly slice the halves.
- Then again roughly slice the tomatoes in the opposite direction until you get cubes.
- Add the tomato cubes to the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle over the herbs and spices.
- Zest the lime and using a juicer or a fork squeeze the juice too.
- Mash the ingredients together with the masher or fork.
- Chop the coriander and sprinkle over the guacamole.
- Mix the coriander into the dip and serve with chips or crisps.
- Then enjoy.
Spicy Sumac Guacamole Dip was so yummy and I will be making it again. In the past I have made guacamole but I have never tried it with sumac. So this was a new experience for me and it made a delicious change too. One I would recommend to everyone, especially if they love guacamole. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy.