Christmas can be a very busy time for many people. So during this period I think people need fast dinners. Plus I like to use any leftover meat we may have in the fridge or freezer. The best part of a quick dinner is not using too many pots and pans.
One pot dinners are my favourite meals. The fact that there is not much washing up is occasionally a joy. I love to cook but there are times in my life when I just need an easy meal. This dish is definitely one of those dinners. Although there are two pans being used while cooking this dinner, the frying pan could be washed up before serving. It makes this dinner seem like the elves and fairies have cooked it. Below is the video and recipe for you.
What’s your favourite one pot dish? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large pan
- Frying pan
- Plastic brush
- Stirring spoon
- Turkey x 500g (cooked or uncooked)
- Chorizo x 160g
- Onion x 1
- Red Pepper x 1
- Courgette x 1
- Brown rice x 300g
- Tomatoes x 1 400g tin
- Chicken stock x 600mls
- Mild chilli powder x 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika x 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon x 1/2 tsp
- Oregano x 1 tsp
- Spinach 2 large handfuls
- Coriander x 1 large handful
- Oil for the pan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Cut the top from the red pepper and remove the core and the green stalk.
- Now slice the pepper.
- Next peel and slice the courgette.
- If using uncooked or cooked turkey cut it into chunks.
- Slice down the side of the chorizo and peel off the skin.
- Then slice into 1/2 cm pieces.
- Put the large pan on a high heat on the hob.
- Pour oil into the base and spread as evenly as you can with the plastic brush.
- When the pan is hot add the onion and fry until it becomes soft.
- Add in the sliced pepper and courgette and fry until these start to soften.
- Pour in the rice and fry this for about a minute.
- You want the rice to start to become translucent.
- Once it does, pour in the tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil.
- While bringing it to the boil, sprinkle in the mild chilli powder, smoked paprika, cinnamon and oregano.
- Put a lid on and bring the temperature down to a low heat.
- Place the lid on the pan and leave to simmer until all of the liquid has disappeared.
- Now put the frying pan on a high heat and add oil.
- Spread the oil around the base of the pan with a plastic brush.
- If using uncooked turkey, add it to the pan now and fry until golden brown.
- Then add in the chorizo and fry until crispy.
- If using cooked turkey then just add the chorizo and again fry until crispy.
- Once all the water has evaporated from the rice, add in the turkey and chorizo.
- Chop the coriander and add this to the pan.
- Finally, add the spinach and let it wilt down.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Spicy Turkey and Chorizo Rice was a yummy meal. My little family really enjoyed this dish. We used a mild chorizo and chilli powder so it wasn’t too spicy for my son. He actually really enjoys a mild chorizo. So he ate this meal without any complaints. The rice in this dish is not freezable but it does make delicious leftovers. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, please enjoy.
Thank you. xxx