During the week I like nothing more than easy meals. To me, food should be simple and quick, especially during a busy week. The recipe is a new favourite of mine as it is so easy and curry sauce, if you are making it from scratch, is loaded with goodness.
New research suggests that a homemade curry can actually be good for the body. So if you make this curry sauce the chances are it will help to boost your immune system, can relieve the pain of arthritis, may help to prevent Alzheimer’s and cancer. It is thanks to the medical effects of healthy ingredients such as, ground coriander, cumin, garlic and ginger.
All of these spices consist of an impressive list of phyto-nutrients, essential oils, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins which are essential for overall wellness. So eating this curry will help your body to thrive and it’s also delicious.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking Tray
- Food Processor
- Saucepan or tupperware box
- Pumpkin or butternut squash x 1 large
- Onions x 2
- Carrots x 2 large
- Garlic x 2 – 4 cloves
- Coriander x 1 handful
- Ground ginger x 1 – 2 tsp
- Ground Cumin x 1 tsp
- Ground Coriander x 1 tsp
- Ground oregano x 1 – 2 tsp
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and put the baking tray in.
- Cut the pumpkin or butternut squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Slice in half again.
- Cut the carrots in chunks and quarter the onions.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and add the pumpkin, carrots and onion.
- Drizzle with olive oil and put the tray back into the oven for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes add the garlic and cook for another 20 – 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the tray and leave to cool.
- When it is cool enough to touch, scoop the flesh of the pumpkin or butternut squash away from the skin.
- Then remove the skin from the garlic
- Put these in the food processor along with the carrots, onions, herbs and spices and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend together.
- Finally put into a saucepan and add chicken or chickpeas.
- Cook your rice or quinoa, serve and enjoy.
- Or a tupperware box if you are freezing for your mid week meal.
The Curry Sauce is great because it can be made into any type of meal. If you are feeding a vegan you could add chickpeas and coconut cream. Although, if you have a vegetarian coming to dinner you could add yogurt and roasted vegetables. Then again if your family is meat eating you can add, chicken, pork, beef or lamb to this dish and yogurt. We ate this meal last night and I added leftover chicken and yogurt to it. However you decide to eat it, as always, please enjoy.