When making a quick pasta meal I normally always fry small tomatoes with a couple of other vegetables. Then I will throw them together with pasta and either an olive oil dressing or cashew nut cream cheese. These ingredients are normally always so tasty when cooked and tossed together.
The other day I was standing at the fridge wondering what to have for my lunch when I spotted the mushrooms. I had leftover cashew nut cream cheese as well so I decided to put these two ingredients together. The results were amazing and it’s one recipe I just had to share with you.
What is your favourite mushroom recipe? Let me in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Wooden or stirring spoon
- Spring onions x 1 bunch
- Mushrooms x 500g
- Garlic x 2 – 4 cloves
- Cashew nut cream cheese x 200g
- Pesto x 300g
- Spinach x 2 large handfuls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Cut the tops and tails from the spring onions
- Slice the onions into 1/2 centimetre.
- Peel and slice garlic cloves.
- Next slice the mushrooms.
- Put the frying pan onto a high heat and add oil to the base.
- When the pan is hot add in the onions and fry until they start to soften.
- It should take around 3 – 5 minutes for the onions to soften.
- The pan may start to get a little hot so turn the heat down and add in a little water.
- Once the onions are soft add in the garlic and fry for a further few minutes.
- Now put the mushrooms into the frying pan and fry until they are golden brown.
- Turn the heat down to a low heat then add in the cashew nut cream cheese.
- You may want to add in more milk if the sauce becomes to thick for you.
- Heat through the cashew nut cream cheese.
- Then add in the pasta and stir all the ingredients together.
- Finally add in the spinach and let it wilt down while you continue to stir these ingredients.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Cheesy ‘No Cheese’ Mushroom Pasta was a big hit with me. Yes that’s right my husband Howard and son Ted are still not fans of mushrooms. I’m beginning to enjoy them more nowadays and this meal was delicious. Plus the sauce can be frozen so if you are making it for yourself and only want one portion you can freeze the rest. Then you have a really quick meal in the freezer. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy! Thank you xxx