Winter Berry Blast Smoothie is a great breakfast to kick start your inner engine in the morning or it could make a fantastic pick me up in the afternoon. We all need to look after our bodies all year round but now that the very cold weather has set in, we need to care for ourselves slightly more. So this smoothie is packed with ingredients that are great care givers for the body.
Avocados and prunes are two ingredients I never thought I would put together in a smoothie. However, these combined with cinnamon, nuts, seeds, berries, bananas, oat milk, spinach and wheatgerm or flax seed makes a delicious smoothie. It’s creamy and smooth. A very healthy breakfast or snack for those busy people.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Nutribullet or blender
- Avacodo x 1/2
- Banana x 1
- Prunes x 4 – 6
- Brazil nuts x 4 – 5 large
- Mixed seeds x 2tbsps (Your choice)
- Blueberry x 1 large handful
- Blackberries x 1 large handful
- Coconut Water x 200mls
- Spinach x 1 large handful
- Wheatgerm or flax seed x 1 – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Local honey x 1 tsp (optional)
- Start by cutting your avocado in half and leaving the stone in the other half.
- Put that in a tupperware box and store in the fridge until you want to use it.
- Add the half with no stone to the Nutribullet or food processor.
- Along with the banana, brazil nuts, mixed seeds, prunes, berries, coconut water, spinach, wheatgerm, cinnamon and/or local honey.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a glass or drink from the Nutribullet cup and enjoy.
As I mentioned earlier, this is a great breakfast or a lovely afternoon pick me up. It’s very quick, simple and easy to prepare, make and enjoy. If you have limited time in the morning like me, then you could make the breakfast the night before and store it in the fridge. It’s a good one to just take out and eat immediately. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you. xxx