During the summer months we went on holiday to a lovely Welsh seaside town called Tenby. It was a beautiful part of the world and being a British seaside town, on every street corner fish and chips were being sold. Or that’s what I felt! Thankfully everyone in this little family loves fish and chips. So we ate it a few times while we were away.
The smell of fish and chips inspired me to start thinking about making different chip recipes. I do enjoy plain chips but occasionally I like to have a break from the norm. So when we returned home I decided to try using spices on my chips.
As winter is nearly here I like to use a lot more spices in my cooking to try and keep the bugs at bay. So I thought chips is something we all eat and it would be a great way to flavour the chips. It was a huge hit and the chips were delicious. We all enjoyed them and we know you will too.
- Potato peeler
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Sweet potatoes x 4 large
- Sumac x 1 tsp
- Mild or hot chilli powder x 1 tsp
- Garlic granules x 2 tsp
- Ground coriander x 1 tsp
- Ground cumin x 1 tsp
- Ground sweet cinnamon x 1/2 tsp
- Oil x 4 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4 and put the baking tray in.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into chip shapes.
- Mixed all the spices in a bowl and add the oil.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and put the chips in.
- Pour over the oil and toss the chips until they are all covered.
- Now put the baking tray back into the oven.
- Cook for 25 – 30 minutes depending on your oven.
- When the chips are golden brown remove and serve.
- Then enjoy!
Spicy Sumac Sweet Potato Chips were delicious. My little family loved them and plates were cleaned by the end of the meal. If you can’t get sweet potato or don’t like it then please try the spices on white potatoes and let me know how it tastes. Strangely I didn’t serve this dish with fish but a chickpea burger. It was a vegan meal for us but still really good. I’m sure these chips would go well with fish or any meat of your choice. However you decide to eat these chips, as always, please enjoy.
Do you eat chips and do you put flavouring on them? If so, what do enjoy on your chips? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx