Recently I made a Mint Hot Chocolate and it was delicious. When I finished making the hot chocolate I started thinking about other ways to make this sweet drink. We had friends coming over for fireworks and I wanted to make a big batch to put in the slow cooker.
In the original recipe I left the mint leaves in to simmer with the raw cacao powder. To cook this in the slow cooker I decided to blend all of the ingredients together. The recipe worked really well so I decided to make it in a saucepan. It was a really yummy drink that I enjoyed after my lunch. The hot chocolate acted like my sweet treat after lunch and mint also helps to aid digestion too. Therefore the results were amazing and it’s one drink I will be having again.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Food processer
- Mint leaves x 4 – 6
- Raw cacao powder x 2 heaped tsps
- Medjool dates x 2
- Oat milk x 1 mug
- Remove the stones from the dates and put them into the blender.
- Add in the leaves, the milk and the raw cacao powder.
- Blend all of these ingredients together.
- I like to blend it twice as I find it creates a much smoother texture.
- When the ingredients are smooth pour into the saucepan and heat through.
- Once the hot chocolate is warm pour it back into the mug.
- Then serve and enjoy.
New and Improved Mint Hot Chocolate was scrummy. It can be made into larger batches and cooked in the slow cooker. If you are cooking it in the slow cooker you can put it on high for two hours and low for four hours. It warms through beautifully and when I cooked the drink in the cooker the guests I served it to really enjoyed it. However you decide to drink this hot chocolate, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx