Herbal teas are quite often snubbed by so many people. Personally I love nothing more than a soothing cup of tea with all sorts of different herbs. Herbal teas can help you to unwind and relax. Which in turn is good for your digestive system. They also help to boost your immune system and they can stimulate your brain.
Many years ago I would never have drunk a cup of chamomile tea. I hate to admit it but it’s one of my least favourites now too. Although I have just discovered a new way to drink it and it’s delicious. Normally I drink a chamomile tea when I need to settle myself before bed. Now I have found a more interesting way to drink this tea I think I will be having it a little bit more. I loved this tea and I hope you do too.
Do you like herbal tea and if so, what’s your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Chamomile tea bag x 1
- Star anis x 1
- Cinnamon stick x 1
- Lime x 1 juice
- Orange x 1 juice
- Put the kettle onto boil.
- Add the chamomile tea bag, cinnamon stick and star anis to the cup.
- Once the kettle is boiled pour in the hot water to about 3/4 full.
- Then cut the lime and orange in half and squeeze the juice in with the fork.
- Stir all these ingredients together carefully.
- Leave to steep and after three to five minutes.
- Then remove the tea bag, cinnamon stick and star anis.
- Let it cool until it’s drinkable.
- Finally serve and enjoy.
Spiced Chamomile Tea was super tasty and adding spices was a brilliant idea. The orange juice added a slightly sweet flavour. If you would like more sweetness then you can add a teaspoon of honey once you have removed the tea bag and spices. It’s a great drink to have when you are in need of a soothing drink. However you decide to drink this tea, as always, please enjoy! xxx