When I first thought of this idea I have to be honest, I really didn’t think it would work. Miso paste is definitely a savoury food. The paste is very similar to peanut butter. It’s a fermented mixture made with soybeans, grains like rice, salt and a mold called Koji.
To be honest, this doesn’t sound like the most appetizing paste to put in your dinner but it honestly makes everything so tasty. Recently I’ve been to see a nutritionist and she has advised me to eat more fermented food. Miso fits this category perfectly and I’m really pleased I’m finding new uses for it as well. This was a really delicious breakfast I enjoyed and I hope you will too.
Do you enjoy Miso and if so, what’s your favourite Miso meal? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Egg poacher
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Eggs x 1
- Parma Ham x 2 slices
- Gluten or gluten free porridge oats x 45g
- Bone broth or a milk of your choice x 200mls
- Bone broth or milk x enough to break up the porridge the next day
- Ground flaxseed x 1 tbsps
- Pumpkin seeds x 1 tbsps
- Chia seeds x 1 tbsp
- Miso x 1 tbsp
- Spinach or kale x 1 handful
- The night before weight the porridge into the bowl.
- Add in the ground flaxseed, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds.
- Mix these ingredients together and pour over the bone broth or a milk or your choice.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- The next day remove the oats from the fridge and place them in the saucepan.
- Add water to break up the porridge and other ingredients.
- Now turn on the heat to high and stir all these ingredients together.
- Put in the miso paste and continue stirring the porridge
- Keep stirring until the liquid starts to thicken.
- Finally add in the spinach and let it wilt into the porridge.
- Set the porridge aside.
- Put the frying pan on a high heat and add in the Parma ham.
- Fry on both side for a few minutes.
- The Parma ham will go a golden brown colour on both sides.
- Set the Parma ham aside and add oil to the base of the pan.
- Crack the egg and fry until the white has cooked completely.
- Pour the porridge into a serving bowl and add the eggs and Parma ham on top.
- Now serve and enjoy.
Miso Bacon and Eggs Porridge Bowl was a very tasty breakfast. I really enjoyed this dish. It was also very easy to prepare and cook. I have cooked this meal with both bone broth and milk. Both were equally as delicious. Plus it would be a great breakfast to cook for a family as well. It makes a yummy weekend breakfast but it could be made during the week if there is a little extra time. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you.