For Christmas dinner this year we have decided to cook a gammon. There will be three adults and one child. So I feel that cooking a whole turkey for the four of us would be a waste. Normally I would cook turkey breasts for lunch but my husband requested My Dad’s Boiled Gammon this year.
Therefore if there are any leftovers on Christmas Day I will be heating the gammon up and placing it on top of my sweet potato pancakes. Then I will fry a couple of eggs and place them on top of the gammon. It’s going to be my Christmas night or Boxing Day tea. If there isn’t any left then I will eat this with ham as I have done for this pictures. It was so good that I can imagine the gammon will taste even better.
What’s your favourite meal that you love eating at Christmas? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Large bowls x 3
- Small saucepan
- Metal spoon
- Nutribullet or blender
- Frying pan
- Ice cream scoop or a small ladle
- Fish slice
- Plastic brush
- Baking tray
- Frying pan
Ingredients for the sweet potato pancakes
- Sweet potato x 200g
- Gluten free oats x 200g
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Almond Milk x 200ml
- Almond Butter x 4 tbsp
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Coconut oil x enough to cook the pancakes in
- Start by peeling the sweet potatoes and cut into 2 cm pieces.
- Place the small saucepan on the hob and add boiling water to it.
- Then place the colander on top and put the sweet potato pieces in it.
- Leave on the hob with the water simmering below for 15 -20 minutes.
- Blend the oats in the nutribullet or blender until they resemble flour.
- Meanwhile, mix the oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- When it’s cool put the sweet potato into the blender or nutribullet.
- Add the milk and the almond butter.
- Blend all of these ingredients together until smooth.
- To make my life less stressful I make these the night before ready for the next morning.
- I have bowls with lids on so I can put it straight in the fridge.
- Put the frying pan on the hob on a high heat.
- Place a small amount of coconut oil in the pan and use a plastic brush to cover the base.
- Take your ice cream scoop or ladle and fill it with pancake mixture and place it in the pan.
- Now wait until the pancake starts to cook around the outside.
- Give it a good minute or two minutes before flipping over.
- Hopefully they should be a nice golden brown colour.
- Wait for the other side to cook.
- Once they are cooked serve with the instructions below.
Ingredients for the ham or leftover gammon and eggs
- Ham or Leftover Gammon x 2 slices
- Eggs x 2
Method for the ham or leftover gammon and eggs
- Put a frying pan on a high heat.
- Add oil to the base of the pan.
- Spread the oil across the base of the pan with the plastic brush.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the ham or leftover gammon until until it’s heated through.
- Then remove and put on top of the sweet potato pancakes.
- Now add more oil to the pan and spread as evenly as possible across the base of the pan.
- Add the eggs and cook until the outside is white and the yolk is runny.
- Remove from the heat and then put them on top of the ham.
- Serve and enjoy.
Ham and Eggs on Sweet Potato Pancakes were yummy but I’m really looking forward to a couple of slices of gammon with eggs at Christmas. This meal doesn’t just have to be for Christmas. It can be eaten at any point in the coming years. The dish would make a great lunch or even a dinner. It could be served with my Homemade Baked Beans for a more filling option. However you decide to eat this meal, as always, enjoy!
Thank you. xxx