Recently I made a chicken liver pate that was delicious. Then I made a video of it and posted it to my YouTube channel. As I had tagged this video other videos of a similar theme started to appear in my timeline. I decided to watch one of them. Unfortunately I can’t remember the name of the channel but I really enjoyed the video. It was by a lovely french lady who was speaking English in a French accent.
As the lady shared her recipe I realised I had butchered my liver pate. Therefore I decided to hold my hands up and let you know I didn’t really know what I was doing with liver. That is until I watched the video. It made me realise how food should be treated with care and kindness. Just like everything and everyone on this planet. It’s about being conscious of what we are doing and being able to admit to our mistakes. I decided to try this recipe with a touch of respect this time. The pate was equally as delicious if not better!
Have you ever had to cook a meal twice, if so what was it? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and subscribe.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Kitchen towel or tea towel
- Frying pan
- Wooden spoon
- Serving spoon
- Chicken livers x 500g
- Red onion x 1
- Garlic x 2 cloves
- Unsalted butter or ghee x 2 – 4 tbsp
- Rosemary x 2 springs
- Thyme x 2 springs
- Olive oil
- Peel and finely slice and dice the onion and garlic.
- Remove the leaves from the thyme and rosemary.
- To take the leaves off, hold the sprig at the top and pull down on the leaves.
- Chop the leaves and set these ingredients aside.
- Now remove the packaging from the liver and place on the tea or kitchen towel.
- Pat the liver dry and put it onto the chopping board.
- Cut away away sinus from the liver.
- Put the frying pan onto a high heat and add the unsalted butter ghee.
- When the ghee starts to bubble, add in the chicken livers and fry until they are browned all over.
- It should only take about 2 minutes each side.
- Put the liver onto the plate and place the frying pan back onto the heat.
- Next add in the onion and fry the onions until they start to soften and become see through.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and thyme to the frying pan and continue to fry for a further minute or so.
- The heat may need to come down if the onions start to stick so turn it down and add a little bit of water.
- Once everything has softened add in the liver and remove from the heat.
- Leave to cool.
- Once cool enough to touch, put all the ingredients from the frying pan into the blender.
- You may want to add a little bit of olive oil at this point as well.
- Blend all the ingredients together and once smooth pour the contents into a serving bowl.
- Then serve with sweet potato chips, toast or chickpea flour wraps/pancakes and salad.
- Finally enjoy.
Homemade Chicken Liver Pate was a delicious dish. I made this meal for myself and I enjoyed every last bit of it too. As I’m gluten intolerant, I don’t really eat bread of any kind, I decided to make a sweet jacket potato to eat with this meal. It was so tasty. I was also able to freeze the chicken liver pate too. The next time I ate this meal I ate it with chickpea flour wraps and I have also eaten it with sweet potato chips. All the meals I ate with salad. Both of these meals were so tasty. The pate would also be good to take on a picnic as well. You could even eat this pate in a sandwich too. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx