Chips are a favourite of ours in this house and although my Dad would have gone shopping to the local supermarket I really enjoy making them from scratch. So I have included the recipe in my NEW cook book Gifts from Grandpa. In the video I show you how I cook a delicious bowl of sweet potato chips in the oven. They are full of flavour and so tasty. Plus it’s a really easy recipe so worth watching and trying.
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Sweet potatoes x 2 large (600g)
- Fresh Rosemary x 4 sprigs
- Garlic x 8 cloves
- Olive oil x 2 tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and at the same time put the baking tray in.
- Next peel the sweet potatoes and cut length ways, into chip shapes.
- Once the oven is preheated take out the hot baking tray and add the coconut oil. If the tray is hot enough the coconut oil should melt. Try to distribute the oil evenly on the base of the tray.
- Then add the potato chips. Toss them until covered in the oil.
- Finally throw in the garlic and add the rosemary sprigs.
- Cook for about 30 – 35 minutes or until they start to turn a golden brown colour.
As I have mentioned in a previous post this meal is great with my spicy bean burgers. If you don’t have much time you can peel and chop the potatoes the night before or in the morning. I have bowls with lids on so I leave them in the bowl with water in the fridge. Also, if you don’t have enough sweet potato you can always throw in some white potatoes too. It honestly takes me no time at all to whip up these recipes and they are normally eaten very quickly by my little family too. However you decide to eat these chips, as always, enjoy.
Do you like to eat or make chips and if so, what do you eat yours with? Let me know in the comments below are please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx