In recent months I’ve been thinking about our diet a lot. Especially my husband Howard and son Ted. I feel like my body is better on a higher fibre diet. Whereas Howard and Ted are better on a higher protein and fat diet. Whenever I feed Howard and Ted beans and legumes I could plug them into the gas mains and make money from their bottom burps.
Last week I decided to change their diet to higher protein and more fat. Immediately the bottom burping stopped and I think they are feeling better in themselves as well. Plus they are enjoying the food I’m now cooking for them. Howard and Ted loved this pizza and I’m sure they will ask for it again soon.
Have you ever had to make changes to your diet and did they help? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Vegetable grater
- Muslin cloth
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray or pizza stone
- Rolling pin
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
Ingredients for the base
- Almond Flour x 150g
- Cauliflower x 100g
- Eggs x 2 large
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method for the topping
- Grate the cauliflower and put it into the muslin cloth.
- Wrap the cauliflower in the muslin cloth and squeeze the juices from it either over the sink or into a bowl.
- Put the grated cauliflower into the mixing bowl and add in the almond flour, eggs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix these ingredients together until they form a dough ball.
- Roll the pizza base out on the baking tray/pizza stone.
- Put the base into the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Ingredients for topping
- Mean green pesto x 4 tbsps
- Mozzarella x 1 ball
- Parma ham x 4 slices
Method for the topping
- Remove the base from the oven and leave to cool for about 10 minutes.
- While the base is cooling, slice the mozzarella and with your hands break up the Parma ham into pieces.
- Once the pizza base has cooled spread the pesto over the top.
- Then lay the mozzarella and Parma ham over the top.
- Put the pizza back into the oven and bake for about 10 – 15 minutes or until the mozzarella melts.
- Then finally serve and enjoy.
Almond and Cauliflower Meat Pizza was a yummy meal that my little family enjoyed. The pizza was quick and easy to prepare and cook. You could make the base in advance of the meal and store it in the fridge overnight. Personally I wouldn’t freeze it but you can if you want to. All the ingredients in the base are freezable so it would be ok. I prefer to make food fresh where possible. However you decide to eat this pizza, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx