A few months ago I put this recipe on my blog without the chocolate. Since then there has been Christmas and Santa was very kind to me this year. He brought me lots of different 100% chocolate. So I have been looking at different ways I can use it in my recipes.
The recipe already on my blog uses a chai latte tea bag and coconut milk. The spices in the chai tea and the warm coconut milk are a great way to kick start the system on a cold winters day. By adding the raw chocolate we are helping the body’s system even further.
Raw chocolate or 100% chocolate is filled with essential vitamins and minerals. It makes me quite excited when I think about it, sad I know. Cacao, as it is also known, is the raw, unprocessed form of chocolate. The untreated seeds known as cacao beans are considered a superfood offering a wealth of antioxidants and essential minerals and vitamins.
So raw chocolate can help to lower blood pressure and improve circulation. It can also support a healthy functioning heart and it can aid digestion. Chocolate has been found to stimulate the body’s production of digestive enzymes. All of these ingredients in one mug will help to keep the bodies fires burning through the winter. Well worth a try.
- Mug x 1
- Small saucepan x 1
- Teaspoon x 1
- Stirring spoon x 1
- Pukka Vanilla Chai Tea x 1 bag
- Rude Health Coconut Milk x 1 mug full
- 100% Drinking Chocolate x 1 tbsp (It’s raw cacao powder in a tub)
- Honey or maple syrup x 1 tsp
- Start by filling the mug with coconut milk.
- Pour this into the small saucepan
- Put the saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Bring the milk to the boil.
- Add in the drinking chocolate and stir until dissolved.
- Stirring continuously and being careful not to let the milk burn.
- Add the tea bag to the mug and pour over the hot milk.
- Leave to brew as you normally would for a chai tea bag.
- Once it’s brewed to a strength you like, remove the bag.
- Leave to cool, drink when warm and enjoy.
Caffeine Free Chocolate Chai Latte is quick, simple and easy to do. It’s ready in minutes and tastes delicious. Personally I like to drink it on a cold winters morning or as a quick pick me up snack in the afternoon. Either way I decide to drink this latte, I know it will help to kick start my engine making me ready for my day or afternoon. Whenever you decide to have this latte, as always, enjoy.
Do you have a favourite coffee shop drink and have you tried to make it at home? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow this blog.