Fruit is one of my favourite foods. I love all sorts of fruit and I really enjoy using it in desserts too. When you have a sweet tasting fruit there really isn’t any need for lots of sugar either. When the fruit is ripe it speaks for itself. In our house I like to keep frozen fruit we buy from our local supermarket in the freezer and I also love having large bowls of fresh fruit on the kitchen island.
The frozen fruit keeps for a long time and it’s so handy to have it in the freezer. It’s great for smoothies but it’s also good to add to porridge in the morning. Plus it’s a brilliant snack on a warm summers day and my son Ted loves eating a few frozen raspberries occasionally. I also love frozen fruit but the cold is not too good for my body. So I decided to start heating the fruit a few months ago and now we are all enjoying fruit soup. Yes, even in the summer.
- Large saucepan
- Measuring jug
- Stirring spoon
- Fresh or frozen berries x 250g
- Coconut sugar x 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Vanilla powder x 1/4 tsp
- Water x 50mls
- Homemade custard x 500mls
- Put all the berries into the large saucepan.
- Sprinkle over the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla powder.
- Pour over the water and put the saucepan on the hob.
- Turn the hob onto a medium heat.
- Stir the ingredients continuously until it starts to boil.
- Now turn the heat down to a low heat and leave to simmer.
- Meanwhile make the homemade custard and serve.
- Then enjoy.
Fruit soup is a delicious and different way to enjoy fruit after a meal. It could also be served as a breakfast with yogurt or it would also make a great mid morning or afternoon snack. We had this dessert with custard but it can be served with ice cream, cream or coconut cream and maple syrup. There are so many ways to enjoy this dish that I think I have only just scratched the surface. However you decide to eat this dessert, as always, enjoy.
How do you like to eat your fruit? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx