Summer is finally upon us and here come the summer smoothies. In winter I love to eat a big bowl of steaming hot porridge but in summer I tend to enjoy a smoothie for my breakfast. The warmer weather means I can start to eat cooler foods. According to Ayurvedic medicine, it’s best to eat warmer foods during winter and cooler foods during summer.
The stomach will be colder during winter so therefore will need heating up with hot food. In summer, as the weather is warmer, the body and the stomach are warmer so will need cooler foods. That’s why I try to save my smoothie eating until the warmer weather arrives. As I wait for the summer to eat these yummy smoothies, I always think of a few I like to make and then I really enjoy putting them together. This smoothie was worth the wait. De-li-cious!
Do you love smoothies for breakfast and if so, what do you love to put in them? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Measuring jug
- Pineapple x 1/2 small
- Mint x 8 – 10 leaves
- Raw cacao or cocoa powder x 1 heaped tbsp
- Banana x 1
- Ground flax seed x 1 tbsp
- Medjool dates x 2 – 4
- Pecans x 8 – 10
- Honey or Maple syrup x 1 – 2 tbsps (optional)
- Oat milk x 300mls (or a milk of your choice)
- Start by removing the skin from the pineapple with the knife.
- Now remove the core by slicing it into quarters.
- Then slice straight down the centre where there is a hard part.
- Put the flesh of the pineapple into the nutribullet or blender cup.
- Slice the medjool dates length ways and remove the stones.
- Add in the mint, raw cacao or cocoa powder, banana, ground flax seed, pecans, honey or maple syrup (optional) and the oat milk.
- Now blend all of these ingredients together.
- Once smooth, remove the blade, pour into a glass and enjoy.
Pineapple, Mint, Chocolate Smoothie was a scrummy way to start my day. It was very easy to do and it could be made the night before. If you have breakfast on the go you could grab this from the fridge and take it with you. Plus it’s a great breakfast to eat at the table when you don’t have to run out the door too. However or where ever you decide to eat this smoothie, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx