Cauliflower is a very underrated vegetable. It’s packed full of nutrients that the body needs to thrive. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is high in fibre and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants that can protect against cancer and it contains fibre that can help with weight loss and digestion. Cauliflower contains choline, a nutrient that can also help with memory and learning.
Personally, I don’t think we eat enough cauliflower in this house. In fact I know we don’t eat enough because there was a cauliflower leftover in the fridge from Christmas. Above the cauliflower in our fridge was a carton of coconut drink. Therefore I decided to combine the two and add curry powder, salt and coconut cream. The results were amazing and I just had to share this healthy New Year recipe with you. Below is a video and recipe for you.
What’s your favourite food that’s made with cauliflower? Let me know in the comments and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Tablespoon (tbsp)
- Cauliflower x 1
- Coconut drink or a milk of your choice x 1 litre
- Curry powder x 1 tbsp
- Salt x 3 – 4 pinches
- Coconut cream x 200mls
- Cut the leaves from the cauliflower and then cut into florets.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan and add in the cauliflower florets.
- Bring these ingredients to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the cauliflower falls from the fork.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, add in the curry powder and salt.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
- When the ingredients have cooled, blend these ingredients together until they are smooth.
- Once these ingredients are smooth, pour them back into the saucepan.
- Finally, stir in the cream and heat the soup up.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Spicy Coconut and Cauliflower Soup was a delicious soup that is packed full of goodness. It’s a quick and easy recipe that is freezable too. I made this for my lunch and froze the remaining soup into batch for another lunchtime meal. If I was eating gluten I probably would have served this soup with a cheesy roll. Instead I made my Vegan Cheese and Onion Chickpea Wraps which I think was much more delicious that a bread roll. However you decided to eat this soup, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx