For many years now I started drinking night time teas. When I was in my twenties I don’t think I would have gone near a herbal tea. My mum loved them but I was not a fan. Nowadays I have slowly but surely started to creep towards my middle years and I can now see why mum enjoyed a cup of herbal tea.
With my menopause on the horizon I am starting to find it harder to sleep at night. Therefore I started look for herbal medicines to help me sleep. Until recently I was buying herbal night time teas from the supermarket but sadly the price of the ones I enjoy has gone through the roof.
When the price went up I started to look for cheaper alternatives. I found that buying the herbs that go into the teas works out a lot cheaper. Then I thought I could make my own sleepy night time tea. That’s exactly what I did and it’s delicious. Last night it knocked me out for 7 hours straight. I don’t think I’ll be going back to tea bags.
What helps you to sleep throughout the night? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Tea infuser
- Dried camomile flowers x 1 tsp
- Dried lavender x 1/2 tsp
- Dried Rose petals x 1/2 tsp
- Dried peppermint x 1/4 tsp
- Honey x 1 – 2 tsp (optional)
- Put the kettle onto boil.
- Add the dried camomile flowers, dried lavender, dried rose petals and dried peppermint to the tea infuser.
- Place the infuser in the cup and once the kettle has boiled add in the boiling water.
- Let the tea infuse for 3 – 5 minutes and remove the tea infuser.
- Add honey is you prefer it sweeter.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Sleepy Night Time Tea was a hit with me. For a few years now I have been finding it difficult to sleep at night. Once upon a time I would sleep for 8 hours straight but it seems those days have gone. Although this new night time drink seems to be helping a lot. Plus it’s very tasty too. Shh, just don’t tell my twenty year old self!!! However you decide to drink this tea, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx