Quick and easy dinners are exactly what I need during the week. I always give myself about an hour for preparing and cooking dinner during the week. I find that if I set aside one hour I can make a fairly decent meal in that time. Stir fries are a life saver for so many people.
Therefore I’m always try to think of new ideas for this type of dinner. It makes our life more interesting when we all try a variety of meals. My husband Howard and son Ted love a stir fry. I knew that they would come running to the table when this dish was served. It was a super speedy meal for a very fast family. We loved this dinner and we hope you will too. Below is a video and recipe for you.
What’s your favourite stir fry meal? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- Stirring spoon
Ingredients for the stir fry
- Crab x 2 tins
- Spring onions x 1 bunch (about 6 – 8)
- Carrot x 1 large
- Red pepper x 1
- Bamboo shoots x 1
- Noodles x 300g
Ingredients for the sauce
- Tomato puree x 4 tbsp
- Coconut or brown sugar x 4 tbsps
- Apple cider vinegar x 4 tbsps
- Tamari x 4 tbsps
- Garlic granules x 1 – 2 tsps
- Ground ginger x 1 – 2 tsps
Method for the sauce
- Mix together the tomato puree, apple cider vinger, tamari, coconut or brown sugar, garlic granules, ground ginger and chicken or vegetable stock or bone broth into the mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixture and set aside.
- Peel the carrots and slice lengthways into thin battens.
- Remove the core of the red pepper and slice into battens again.
- Finally slice the spring onion into 1/2 cm pieces.
- Put the large frying pan on a high heat and pour in the olive oil.
- Spread the olive oil across the base of the pan until it’s covered in the oil.
- Once the pan is hot add in the spring onions and fry until translucent.
- Next add in the carrots and pepper and fry for a further two minutes.
- Now add in the sauce made earlier in this recipe.
- Bring it to the boil and then leave it to simmer.
- While it’s simmering add in the bamboo shoots and crab.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat these ingredients through for a few minutes.
- Turn the hob off and remove the saucepan from the heat
- Set the stir fry to one and cook the rice or noodles you want with it as per the packet instructions.
- Once everything has cooked, serve and enjoy.
Sweet and Sour Crab Stir Fry was a big hit in our house. My husband Howard, son Ted and I really enjoyed this dish. It was a very simple meal to prepare and cook. It makes a great mid week meal dinner. The leftovers could be frozen and eaten on another occasion. Plus the leftovers are great as a packed lunch the next day too. It’s a great dish to take with you when your on the go. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx