Lime, cumin and coriander hummus is a great dip to have as a snack or it could be used as part of a meal too. I enjoyed it on a Saturday lunch time with sweet potato wedges, while my family had their cheese and pickle toasted sandwiches. We all enjoyed our lunch that day.
Chickpeas are a great source of protein and fibre. Which is fantastic for me as I have an underactive thyroid and these foods help to speed up your metabolism. They also contain several key mineral and vitamins known to benefit human health.
The chickpea has been associated with a number of possible health benefits for medical conditions. Firstly, they can help fight against cancer, high blood pressure and they are also known for helping to keep the heart healthy.
We all love chickpea in this house especially my son Ted. He loves them in stew, curries and he really enjoys a chickpea burger. So when I made this I was really glad my son and husband had their cheese toasties. It meant I was left in peace to eat most of the dip myself.
Makes about 250mls
- Food processor
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Juicer or fork
- Chickpeas x 1 400g tin
- Tahini x 2 heaped teaspoons
- Olive oil x 75mls
- Limes x 2 (juice and zest)
- Cumin x 1 – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander x 1 small
- Garlic x 1 – 2 cloves
- Firstly drain the chickpeas in the colander.
- Add these to the food processor.
- Then using the zester, grate the lime skin into the bowl.
- Once most of the lime skin is removed chop the lime in half and juice it using a fork or the juicer and add to the bowl.
- Next add the olive oil, tahini and lime juice and zest to the food processor.
- Chop the coriander roughly and place it into the processor as well.
- Finally put the lid on and blend together.
- When it has blended together well put it in a bowl and cook a few sweet potato wedges.
- Then enjoy.
As I mentioned earlier this was a delicious dip that did not take too long to make and it was a very simple recipe. Hummus makes a great snack or is brilliant as part of a meal. I had it with sweet potato wedges at lunch. When I finished those I chopped up an apple and ate it with apple wedges instead. It was really delicous with both but the apple wedges were so good. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy.