Last week I put up a Roasted Pumpkin and Bacon Quinoa Risotto which I have to say was delicious. So this week I decided to try another dish with roasted pumpkin. As it’s Halloween, pumpkin is on sale in most of the supermarkets and shops. I love using seasonal fruit and vegetables when I cook. Pumpkin is one of those fruits we only ever see in October so I really enjoy using them in my cooking when I can get them. It makes this fruit feel that little bit more special.
For this recipe I roasted the whole pumpkin in the oven and added a Brazil nut cream cheese. I’ve been meaning to try Brazil nut cream cheese for a while and am so pleased I did with this recipe. My son Ted and I really enjoyed this dish. Ted told me at dinner time that he thought everyone that read my blog would really like this meal. Bless him, let’s hope that’s true Ted! It’s a great dinner for all those fish and cheese lovers in the family.
- Sharp Knife
- Baking tray
- Bowls x 3
- Large saucepan x 2
- Pumpkin x 1 small
- Brazil nuts x 100 g
- Milk (of your choice) x 100 mls or enough to cover the nuts
- Tahini x 1 tbsp
- Nutritional yeast x 4 tbsp (optional)
- Salmon x 300 g
- Brown Rice Pasta x 300 g
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Broccoli x 2 heads
- Pour the milk over the nuts until they are covered.
- Put the bowl in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Pierce holes all the way round in the pumpkin with the sharp knife.
- When the oven is preheated put the pumpkin in the baking tray and place in the oven.
- Cook for an hour and them remove the pumpkin.
- Leave to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the skin from the pumpkin.
- When all the skin is removed, scoop a hole in the pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- Place the seeds in a bowl and the flesh of the pumpkin in another bowl.
- Discard the seeds when they have all been removed.
- Place the flesh in the blender or the nutribullet and add the pre-soaked nuts.
- Add the tahini and the nutritional yeast, but this is optional.
- Plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Then blend all these ingredients together.
- Set this mixture aside.
- Meanwhile, put the salmon on a baking tray and place under the grill.
- Put the pasta on to boil and cook as per the packet instructions.
- Cook the broccoli for 3 – 5 mins or until it falls off the fork.
- Then drain through the colander.
- Once the salmon is a light pink colour and flakes away easily, remove from the grill.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain through the colander.
- Pour the sauce into the pasta pan and add the pasta back in.
- Cut up the salmon into chunks and add this to the sauce and pasta.
- Serve with broccoli and enjoy.
Roasted Salmon and Creamy Brazil Nut Salmon Pasta was a delicious dish that was so simple. The preparation for this meal does take a while but it’s a dish that could be prepared in advance of a meal and then frozen. So you could make the sauce at the weekend and freeze it for a quick mid week meal. Plus you can have it with any vegetable you like – I just love broccoli and salmon together. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, enjoy!
What meals do you enjoy with salmon? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you! xxx