Since discovering Roasted Chickpeas with Cumin late last year, I have been enjoying them as a snack ever since. Just like many different meals I’m always on the hunt for new or usual snack ideas. I would never really have thought of roasting chickpeas and eating them as a snack. I saw this idea on social media and I thought it was a good idea.
However, I decided to add spices to my recipe and they were simply delicious. Ever since I’ve been trying to think of new flavours to add to roasted chickpeas. Then it hit me when I was cooking our chips with garlic granules and dried mixed herbs. Suddenly I thought I can use this combination on my roasted chickpeas. So I did and they were delicious.
My husband Howard and son Ted are not big chickpea fans. That meant I could enjoy this snack all by myself and so I did. The garlic and herb coating was a yummy way to eat chickpeas and one I would recommend to anyone who is a fan of this vegetable.
- Baking tray
- Chickpeas x 1 400g tin
- Olive Oil x 1 – 2 tbsp
- Dried mixed herbs x 2 tsp
- Garlic granules x 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Open the chickpea tin and drain through the colander.
- Place the chickpeas into the baking tray.
- Drizzle over the olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the dried mixed herbs and garlic granules.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in the baking tray.
- Once the oven is preheated put the baking tray in for 25 – 30 minutes or until the chickpeas are golden brown.
- When cooked, remove and leave to cool completely.
- To store, keep in an air tight container until ready to eat.
- Then enjoy.
Garlic and Herb Chickpeas are a simple and easy recipe. They are great as a snack and so handy to take with you wherever you are going. They are great to add to salad or soup as a crouton replacement but they are also delicious with pasta and sauce too. Extra protein without having to kill a cow or chicken to do it. However you decide to eat this snack, as always, please enjoy!
What’s your favourite savoury snack and do you eat it with any other meals? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx