The New Year is finally here and you are probably searching the internet for healthy recipes. Well look no further for sweet treats to help you with that healthy new you. These biscuits are sweet and crunchy and not too bad for the body either. We all need a sweet treat occasionally even if we are on a healthy eating plan. So in the video below I show you how to make these deliciously healthy biscuits/cookies. Plus don’t forget to get your FREE recipe in the blog post below today.
Makes 24 biscuits
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Baking tray
- Cooling rack
- Gluten free oats x 200g
- Ground almonds x 100g
- Brown rice flour x 100g, plus extra for dusting
- Ground flax seed x 50g
- Coconut sugar x 150g
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Vegan butter, ghee or unsalted butter (if not vegan) x 200g
- Lemon x 1 (juice and zest)
- Start by mixing the gluten free oats, ground almonds, brown rice flour, ground flax seed, coconut sugar and brown rice flour in the large mixing bowl.
- Cut the vegan butter, ghee or butter into chunks and put into the sauce pan.
- Put on a low to medium heat and stir until the butter has melted.
- It should take around 5 mins.
- Then finally add the butter to the ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix until they form a large ball and use your hands to do so if you need to.
- Using the extra brown rice flour roll out the dough.
- Roll out the dough to about a half centimetre thickness.
- Use the cutter and cut your biscuits.
- Repeat the process until you have used all the dough.
- Place the biscuits onto boards and put into the fridge for about thirty minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for around 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally place on a cooling rack and leave to cool.
Vegan Sweet Lemon Biscuit went really well with a cup of tea and I was really impressed with the flavour of the lemon. Howard told me they tasted really refreshing and he really enjoyed them. Obviously, he will always love his ginger biscuits but these ones came in a close second. They will last a good couple of weeks too. So a great stock cupboard keeper too. However you decide to eat these biscuits, as always, enjoy.
What’s your favourite biscuit to eat with a cup of tea or coffee? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx