When I was a child I really enjoyed eating my greens. My parents tell me I was a great eater and I would eat most, if not all, foods. As long as I can remember I have loved greens and I could eat vegetables all day long. My salad eating habits have lead my lovely husband, Howard, to nickname me ‘Rabbit’.
So when I learned about smoothies and drinking your greens I was intrigued. I wanted to learn more and start making my own. A few years ago my husband bought me a Nutribullet for a birthday present. (And no, this is not an advert for Nutribullet, just part of the story). I was really excited to be able to start making my own smoothies and this is one of many. Below is the video on how to make this smoothie and the blog too.
Do you drink you greens and what do you put in your smoothie? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Vegetable peeler
- Measuring jug
- Beetroot x 1
- Apple x 1
- Mango x 1/2
- Kale, Spinach or Swiss Chard x 1 handful
- Fresh coriander x 1/2 handful
- Fresh Tumeric x 1 piece (optional) or ground tumeric x 1 tsp
- Fresh ginger x 1 inch piece or ground ginger x 1 tsp
- Ground Pepper x 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Coconut water x 125ml
- Start by peeling the beetroot and chopping into cubes.
- Remove the core from the apple by slicing it into quarters.
- Then slice either side of the apple core to form a triangle and take out the core.
- Slice the mango and spoon the flesh from the skin.
- Peel the skin of the ginger and the tumeric.
- Add these to the nutribullet.
- Along with the kale, spinach or swiss chard and the fresh coriander.
- Sprinkle in the pepper if you want to.
- Pour over the coconut water and blend.
- Once smooth, remove the blade, pour into a glass and enjoy.
Smoothies are a great on the go breakfast plus they are also good to have as part of your daily routine. As I mentioned previously, I have started to make these part of my morning routine. I’m finding that they are a great wake up call for the liver and I don’t need a mid morning snack if I have one of these drinks with my breakfast. Plus all the ingredients are freezable so you can make lots and freeze for a few weeks if necessary. However you decide to drink these smoothies, as always, enjoy!
Thank you. xxx