Saturday is movie night in our house and we always have popcorn. OK so I’ll be honest my husband Howard and son Ted normally like to buy a bag in our local supermarket. Before Christmas I used to make the popcorn for our movie night but the boys decided they wanted to buy it from the supermarket. So I stopped cooking up the popping corn.
Recently I have found the supermarket popcorn too sugary so I have started making my own again. I make it just for me but I decided I wanted to try different flavours. At Easter I was using a lot of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger and I wondered what these would taste like on popcorn.
It was so delicious that I’m glad my hubby and son didn’t want any of this one. I’m so pleased I tried this combination. It would be a great treat to serve at a Christmas or Easter party but for me I think I will be eating it all year round. Saturday night will not be the same now I’ve started making this popcorn. Shhh, don’t tell the others!!! Below is a video and recipe for you.
Do you love popcorn and if so, what’s your favourite flavour? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx
Makes a lot
- Large saucepan and lid
- Small saucepan
- Popping corn x 50g
- Coconut oil x 2 tbsp
- Maple syrup x 1 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Ground ginger x 1 tsp
- Ground cloves x 1/4 tsp
- Ground nutmeg x 1/4 tsp
- Start by making the coating for the popcorn.
- Put the small saucepan on a medium heat.
- Next put coconut oil x 1 tbsps and all of the maple syrup, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger and ground nutmeg into the saucepan.
- Stir until they are combined together.
- Set aside.
- Then using the large pan on a high heat melt the other tbsp of coconut oil and add the popping corn.
- Place the lid back on and shake vigorously until all the corn has popped.
- It may take a little time for the popcorn to start popping so don’t give up.
- Finally remove the corn from the heat and add the coating.
- Stir the popcorn round as you add the coating as it will spread more evenly throughout.
Spicy popcorn was a simple and easy snack. It’s such a great way to have a small treat in minutes. Although it’s just me that eats the homemade popcorn, I still make a big box. It will keep for a few days in an airtight container and popcorn is always good as a sweet treat after lunch or dinner too. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, enjoy.