When the weather is cold outside, the one place you want to be is in front of the hob. You may have a hungry stomach or a ravenous little family to feed. At this time of year my slow cooker is well used. I’m always ready to pull the slow cooker from the cupboard for any meal.
On this occasion I had forgotten to take the mince beef from the freezer. So I removed it in the morning. But that meant I couldn’t cook this in the slow cooker. So I let it defrost and I decided to make a mini slow cooked meal in the oven. The results were amazing and I just had to share this with you. Below is a video and recipe for you.
What savoury dish do you enjoy baking in the oven? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Frying pan with lid
- Large saucepan
- Mince beef x 500g
- Parma ham x 6 slices
- Onions x 1 large
- Carrots x 2
- Courgette x 2
- Brown rice, chickpea or plain flour x 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes x 2 400g tins
- Tommy K or tomato puree x 2 tbsp
- Beef broth x 250mls
- Thyme x 2 – 4 sprigs
- Oregano x 1tsp
- Bay leaves x 2
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spinach x 2 large handfuls
- Olive oil
- Pasta x 300g (of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 160 or gas mark 3.
- Start by grating the carrots and courgettes.
- Slice the onions and the garlic.
- Heat the pan on a medium to high heat.
- Add enough olive oil to cover the base of the pan.
- When the pan has heated add the onions and garlic.
- Fry for about 2 minutes then add the mince beef.
- Now fry for a further 5 minutes or until the mince has browned.
- Next add the grated carrots and courgettes and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle over the flour and fry until the flour absorbs into the meat and vegetables.
- Pour over the beef broth and tomatoes.
- Add in the tomato puree, oregano, leaves from the thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- Stir all the ingredients into the sauce and then bring to the boil.
- Finally sprinkle over salt and pepper to your taste.
- Remove from the heat, put the lid on the pan and place the saucepan into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Leave 10 minutes at the end to boil the pasta.
- Also lift the lid on the frying pan and stir in the spinach.
- Remember to use a tea towel to hold the pan handle with.
- When the pasta is cooked remove the pan from the oven.
- Again use a tea towel to remove it.
- Drain the pasta through the colander and add it to the sauce.
- Stir this together and then serve.
- You can add cheese if necessary and then enjoy.
Baked Beef and Parma Ham Spaghetti Bolognaise is a delicious dinner that the whole family can enjoy. My little family ate the lot when I cooked this meal for them. All the plates were cleaned and there was lots of agreement on the yumminess of the meal. I froze the leftovers so we could eat this as another meal on a different occasion. It makes a very speedy dinner later on if I make double and freeze it. So yes, this meal was well loved by my family and I’m sure you and your families will feel the same. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx
[…] Baked Beef and Parma Ham Spaghetti Bolognese […]