The period between Christmas and New Year is always a great time to eat up the leftovers in your fridge. It’s not often that we have smoked salmon in the fridge but at Christmas we tend to stock up. We love to eat it with scrambled eggs and my sweet potato pancakes for breakfast on Christmas morning.
Normally there is always a little bit leftover for a sandwich and this year I decided to try it with my cashew nut cream cheese. When I used to eat gluten, occasionally I would treat myself to a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese. Nowadays I have found other replacements for gluten and this is one of my new ones. I thought this sandwich was a delicious replacement and so tasty too. It will definitely be one I will remember next Christmas.
What’s your favourite sandwich at Christmas? Let me know in the comment below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Smoked salmon x a few slices
- Cashew nut cream cheese or cream cheese x 2 tbsps
- Chives x 1 tbsp
- Chickpea flour wraps x 2
- Make the chickpea flour wraps and the cashew nut cream cheese if not done already.
- Slice the chives into small pieces and set aside.
- Put the wraps on the chopping board and spread over the cashew nut cream cheese on one side of one of the wraps.
- Sprinkle over the chives and then put the smoked salmon on top.
- Place the second wrap on top of the smoked salmon and put it onto a plate.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Smoked Salmon, Chive and Vegan Cheese Sandwich was a huge hit with me. The leftover smoked salmon I enjoyed in this delicious sandwich this year. It was a simple lunch that was so yummy. The cashew nut cream cheese with the chives was tangy and the smoked salmon gave it a salty taste. All the ingredients worked very well together and as I mentioned earlier it will be one I will be eating again next year if I get to the leftover smoked salmon in time. However you decide to eat this sandwich, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx