Bananas are one of my favourite fruits but the rest of my family is not so keen. So when I made this dessert for myself at the weekend it was a treat I could enjoy on my own. The humble banana with its yellow skin is packed full of healthy vitamins, minerals and nutrients. However, it can have amazing natural healing powers too.
If you want to reduce nausea from morning sickness or stabilize those blood sugar levels in between meals then bananas are a fruit that can help. The skin of a banana can also relieve the itch or irritation of a bug bite or hive. Just rub the inside of the banana peel to relieve the itching. Plus on a hot day a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you down.
Finally the banana can be used as a shoe polish. Believe it or not, rubbing the inside of the banana peel on a pair shoes and then polishing with a dry cloth will give them a quick shine. So not only are bananas delicious in this dessert but they are also useful for household chores too.
- Stirring spoon
- Banana x 1
- Coconut yogurt or cream x 100mls
- Frozen or fresh berries x 2 handfuls
- Coconut oil x 2 tbsp
- Maple syrup x 1 tbsp
- 100% cocoa chocolate x 20g or raw cacao powder x 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon x 1/2 tsp optional
- Start by peeling the banana and placing it into the bowl.
- Next spoon in the coconut yogurt or cream around the outside.
- Then place berries around the banana, yogurt or cream.
- Place the saucepan on the hob.
- Add in the coconut oil, maple syrup and 100% cocoa chocolate or raw cacao powder.
- Also you can add in the cinnamon for extra sweetness but this is optional.
- Stir with the stirring spoon until the ingredients form a chocolate sauce.
- Now serve and enjoy, all by yourself if you can.
Vegan Banana Split is a very simple and easy dessert. If you are looking for a quick sweet treat then I think this is perfect. Also it could be made as a breakfast as well. If you aren’t a vegan or can’t find it then you could use plain yogurt. As I mentioned earlier I’m the only one to eat bananas on their own. My little family will eat them but only when they are mixed in with other ingredients. Therefore I enjoyed every mouthful of this dish all by myself, pure bliss! However you decide to eat this dish, as always, enjoy.
Did you know that bananas could be used as shoe polish? This fact shocked me! Does anyone else know of any fruit skins that could be used as polish or have any other uses? Let me know in the comments below as I would love to hear about them.