On Monday I told you about a dish I found in a slow cooker recipe book in my the kitchen. It was a Fish Molee and it was delicious. While I was making this meal I thought it would also make a great vegan dinner.
So during the week I decided that we should eat this Molee as a vegan meal. There have not been many changes to the original dish I made on Monday. The only real change was that I have left the fish from the dinner. Also I used vegetable stock but you could use chicken stock if you are not a strict vegan or vegetarian.
We like to have at least two or three vegan or vegetarian meals in a week. In the past few years we have cut back on the amount of meat we eat for meals. So I’m always looking for good vegan recipes. When I thought of this one I was very pleased and so glad it was a yummy dinner too.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Slow cooker
- Stirring Spoon
- Chickpeas x 2 400g tin (optional)
- Onion x 1
- Garlic x 1 big clove
- Tinned tomatoes x 2 400g tin
- Butternut squash x 1 small
- Courgette x 2
- Yellow pepper x 1
- Ground ginger x 1 tsp
- Ground tumeric x 2 tsp
- Mild or hot chilli powder x 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds x 1 tsp
- Ground coriander x 1 tsp
- Vegetable stock x 300mls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spinach, kale or green beans x 4 large handfuls
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Now peel the courgette and slice it thinly.
- Remove the core from the pepper and slice then chop it.
- Now peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds.
- Drain the chickpea, if using them and wash them thoroughly in cold water.
- Add all of these ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Also add in the ground ginger, ground turmeric, mild or hot chilli powder, mustard seeds and the chicken or vegetable stock.
- Turn the cooker on low for eight hours or on high for four hours.
- Thirty minutes or so before the end of the cooking process, add the kale, spinach or green beans.
- Finally serve with quinoa or rice and enjoy.
Vegan Molee was a simple dish that would feed a family but is also freezable too. So you can make a large amount and then freeze it in batches. My husband and son did not enjoy this as much as the Fish Molee but I thought it was a great dinner. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, enjoy.
Do you love a good vegan meal and if so, what’s your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you xxx