Burgers are the ultimate comfort food in this house. We love eating a big juicy burger on a Saturday night. My Dad used to make the best burgers, he even had a burger making machine. The machine would make the most perfectly rounded burgers. Sadly I did not inherit this machine but my hands still make great burgers. As we love burgers so much I decided to share my recipe from my recipe book Gifts from Grandpa. The link for the video is below and so is the blog post too.
- Chopping board
- Sharp Knife
- Large Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Minced beef x 500g (preferably grass fed)
- Onion x 1 large
- Tommy K or tomato puree x 2tbsp (please see alexisrealfoodwagon for more details)
- Tamari Sauce x 2tbsp (or a good quality soya source)
- Dried oregano x 1tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180º and add the tray at the same time.
- Start by chopping the onion and grating the courgette. I like to use a fine grater for this task as it makes the burger very moist.
- Add the chopped onion and grated courgette to the bowl along with the mince beef.
- Next add the tommy k or tomato puree, tamari sauce, dried oregano and freshly ground salt and pepper. I like to use about half a teaspoon of a good quality salt like himalayan.
- Using your hands scrunch all the ingredeints together.
- Once they are well mixed, make the mixture into four burgers.
- Remove the preheated tray from the oven and put the burgers in.
- Let them cook for 25 – 30 minutes and remove once browned on the outside.
These burgers are delicious and go down really well in our house. We normally serve them with sweet potato chips and salad. My next blog will be about how to make your chips crunchy, yes crunchy homemade sweet potato chips. Yummy. Until then if you decide to make this dish, enjoy.