During winter I like nothing more than spices and chocolate. These two items are my staples during the cold season. So I decided to combine both of these items and make a delicious hot chocolate with a warming twist. Well actually I decided to steal my lovely husband Hozza or Howard’s recipe and add spices. Shh, don’t tell him! Hee, hee! I have now uploaded the video to my YouTube channel Googie’s Kitchen and the blog post is below.
Do you love a hot chocolate during the winter months and what’s your favourite type of chocolate drink? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Mug x 1
- Small saucepan x 1
- Tablespoon x 1
- Stirring spoon x 1
- Full fat milk x 1 mug (or a milk or your choice)
- Raw cacao powder x 2 tbsp or 100% dark chocolate
- Maple syrup x 1 tbsp (or more depending on how sweet you like it)
- Cinnamon x 1tsp
- Ginger x 1tsp
- Cloves x 1/4tsp
- Nutmeg x 1/4tsp
- Vanilla powder x 1/8tsp
- Measure the milk and put it into the sauce pan.
- Next add the raw cacao powder or 100% dark chocolate and maple syrup to the pan.
- Finally add in the spices.
- Put the pan on a medium heat and stir until the powder or chocolate dissolves and it has warmed through.
- Be careful not to let the milk boil over.
- It should take around five minutes or so.
- Once it’s hot or at a temperature you like, pour the hot chocolate back into the mug.
- Then enjoy.
Hozza’s Hot Chocolate with a Warming Twist is such a great drink to have when it’s a frosty and chilli day. It’s a drink that warms us up from the inside out and leaves us feeling the glow. This drink could also be made in large quantities in a slow cooker for a party or can simply be enjoyed on your own. It is also delicious with a ginger nut or two. However you decide to enjoy this lovely drink, as always, enjoy.