Christmas is a time of year when we think about what to buy for people. Personally, I love making sweet treats for loved ones to enjoy over the festive period. These biscuits are one of those I hope to share with my family and friends this year. Plus they make a great snack for the children or a brilliant after dinner treat. If you want to see how to make this delicious biscuit then please click Googie’s Kitchen for the video. The recipe is below too.
Do you love giving homemade sweet treats? If so, what’s your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Chopping boards or trays x 2 – 3
- Baking tray
- Cooling rack
- Gluten free oats x 200g
- Ground almonds x 100g
- Raw cacao powder x 50g
- Brown rice flour x enough for dusting.
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Maple syrup x 100mls
- Almond butter x 150 g
- Vegan butter x 150g
- Milk of your choice x 20 – 50mls enough to make the dough stick
- Start by grinding the oats in a blender until a fine powder is formed.
- Now mix all the dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Next put the rest of the ingredients into the saucepan.
- Put on a medium heat and stir until they are combined.
- It should take around 5 – 10 mins.
- Once the ingredients are combined together, leave to cool.
- Then finally add the wet ingredients to the dry ones.
- Form a large ball and use your hands to do so if you need to.
- If the dough is still dry and won’t stick add a little milk.
- Just add a little bit of milk until the dough sticks together.
- Spread the brown rice flour over the chopping board.
- Roll out the dough to about a half centimetre thickness.
- Use the cutter and make your biscuits.
- Put them on trays or chopping boards and put them in the fridge for a good 30 minutes or so.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or gas mark 4.
- Place on the biscuits onto baking tray.
- Bake for around 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally place on a cooling rack and leave to cool.
Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Biscuits are a delicious sweet treat. I have been enjoying these biccies as a dessert after my lunch. They do make a great after lunch treat but I’m sure they would be delicious as a morning or afternoon snack too. Plus they keep for a good few weeks in an airtight container. So they could be made in advance of an occasion. However you decide to eat these biscuits, as always, enjoy.
[…] Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Biscuits are a healthy sweet […]