Snacks are an essential in our house. My son Ted and I love a snack and this is one that I really enjoy. I thought it would be good at this time of year for a party too. In September I served this dish at my birthday party and the whole large bowl I made went very quickly. The recipe is time consuming but the efforts are worth the results. The video is now on my YouTube Channel Googie’s Kitchen and the blog post is below the picture.
Do you have a pub or restaurant food you love, if so what is it and does it bring back happy memories for you? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Baking tray
- Grease proof paper
- Mixing spoon
- Cashew Nuts x 150 g
- Water x enough to cover the nuts
- Coconut oil x 1 tbsp
- Maple Syrup x 1 tbsp
- Salt x 2 tbps
- Soak the nuts in a bowl of water for 3 – 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C or gas mark 1/2.
- Line the baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Drain the excess water from the nuts.
- Tip the nuts on the baking tray.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan if not liquid already.
- Pour over the nuts and add the honey too.
- Sprinkle over the salt and and mix all the ingredients together.
- Put into the oven for 3 – 4 hours or until they turn golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove and leave to cool completely.
- Serve or store in an airtight container for later.
Honey Roasted Cashew Nuts really did take me on a trip down memory lane. Although the process of this recipe took a long time, it was simple to put together. It made a delicious snack but I also tried a few on my porridge in the morning. They were so yummy and I’m sure there will be a few more recipes with these nuts in soon. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you. xxx