Chocolate and cherries I think is one of the best combinations. We normally buy frozen cherries from the supermarket. The other day my son Ted and I went out on one of our morning bike rides. We cycled past a house selling fresh cherries picked from a tree in their garden.
The mum and daughter were out the front so we stopped. I told the mum I would send my husband Howard and Ted back later with the money for a couple of bags. The mum looked pleased and she was very grateful. When Howard and Ted brought them home I decided to make ice cream with them. It was so good it left us wanting more.
Do you have a favourite chocolate and fruit dessert and if so what is it? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Nutribullet or blender
- Tupperware box or box with a lid
- Coconut milk x 1 400g tin
- Cherries x 2 handfuls
- Maple syrup x 2 tbsp
- Raw cacao powder x 60g
- Add in the coconut milk, cherries, raw cacao powder or cocoa powder and maple syrup to the Nutribullet or blender.
- Blend all of the ingredients together.
- Pour the liquid into the tupperware box and put into the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the box from the freezer and put the contents back into the blender and blend for a further few minutes.
- Pour the liquid back into the box and put back into the freezer.
- Repeat this process one or two more times.
- Then leave for at least six hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove from freezer an hour before serving.
- Now scoop the ice cream from the box, serve in a bowl or a cone and enjoy.
Choc Cherry Ice Cream was so yummy and my husband and I really enjoyed this delicious treat. My son Ted did try this but he wasn’t the biggest fan. Howard and I thought it was so sweet and tasty. It was very simple and easy to make too. Plus it was a great way to use the cherries we had bought in our local neighbourhood. We loved it and we know you will too. However you decide to eat this ice cream, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx