My husband Howard and son Ted and – ok, maybe me too – love sweet treats. The other day Howard noticed I had brown rice puffs in the cupboard. It made him remember his childhood when Howard’s mum would make rice crispy cakes. He then asked me if I had any plans for the puffs in the cupboard.
To be honest I’d been thinking about making this sweet treat for a while when he asked me. I told him my plans and Ted then overheard. Ted was very excited by this treat and suggested we make them asap. We went for a walk and on our return we went straight to the kitchen to make it. I’m so pleased we did as it was delicious and it didn’t take too long for my little family to polish off the lot. Well worth a try.
What’s your favourite fruit and what sweet treat would you eat it with? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Baking tray
- Grease proof paper
- Small pan
- Rice crispy’s or brown rice puffs x 60g
- Vegan butter, ghee or unsalted butter x 100g
- Maple syrup x 2 tbsps
- Fresh or dried raspberries x 1 large handful
- Pre line the baking tray with the grease proof paper.
- Pour the rice crispies or brown rice puffs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the fresh or dried raspberries and stir these ingredients together.
- Put a small pan on a medium heat and add the butter or ghee.
- Let the butter melt down slowly in the pan.
- Once the butter or ghee has melted, remove from the heat and add in the maple syrup.
- Pour this mixture over the rice crispy’s and stir these ingredients together.
- Once all the ingredients are stirred together, put them into the baking tray.
- Flatten the rice crispy’s with the plastic spatula and put in the fridge for at least six hours or preferably over night.
- Then cut into bars and serve.
Raspberry Rice Crispy Bars were very well received by my little family. This was such a fun treat to make and full of Ted’s favourite ingredients. Therefore Ted was more than willing to help. It’s a great recipe to involve your children with. Plus it’s not that messy nor time consuming either. It’s easy and simple to do but with such tasty results. However you decide to eat this treat, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx