Quick, simple and easy are three words I like to use a lot in my blog recipes. These three words are exactly what I need when cooking during the week. From Monday to Friday my family and I are always busy. My son Ted is at school, my husband Howard is at work and although I’m home I still like to write this blog and film my videos too. Plus I keep the house tidy during the week as well.
Therefore I’m always in need of recipes that will be quick and simple to cook but ultimately they have to be very tasty. I found this dish on a weight loss website but instead of the feta cheese I decided to use my cashew nut cream cheese. As many of you will know I have a gluten intolerance but also my stomach doesn’t like cheese much either. Therefore I’m always looking for alternatives and cashew nut cream cheese make a delicious replacement. Plus the dish was super simple to put together and we all really enjoyed this meal. We think you will too.
Do you love a good alternative to certain foods? If so, what are they? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking Tray
- Large saucepan
- Salmon fillets x 3
- Prawns x 300g
- Small on the vine tomatoes x 600g
- Onion x 1 large
- Garlic x 2 – 4 cloves
- Olive oil
- Basil x 1 large handful
- Cashew nut cream cheese x 200g
- Pasta x 300g
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6 and put the baking tray in.
- Turn the salmon over flesh side down on a plate and set aside.
- If it’s summer and there are flies around, put a large colander or sieve over the plate to cover the salmon.
- Peel and slice the onion and set this aside.
- Now peel and slice the garlic.
- Wash the tomatoes under the tap.
- Take the baking tray from the oven and put the tomatoes in.
- Add in the sliced onion and garlic.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and sprinkle over the salt and pepper.
- Toss all the vegetables in the oil, salt and pepper until everything is covered in the oil.
- Put all these ingredients in the oven.
- After 15 minutes, remove from the oven and toss the ingredients again.
- Now put the salmon into the baking tray skin side down.
- Put the baking tray baking into the oven.
- Next cook the pasta of your choice as per the packet instructions.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it side.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes or until the fish can flake away easily from itself.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and flake the fish into the tomatoes.
- Break up the tomatoes too.
- Now remove the skin which will hopefully be crispy.
- Add in the cashew nut cream cheese and the basil.
- Stir until the cashew nut cream cheese evaporates and the basil wilts.
- Add in the pasta and cover it in the fish and sauce.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Oven Baked Cheesy ‘No Cheese’ Salmon and Tomato Pasta was a huge hit in our house. My husband Howard, son Ted and I all enjoyed this dish. Howard is not a huge fish fan either but he doesn’t mind salmon. I know he liked it because he commented on it during the meal. Normally when he comments on the meal it’s a positive. If I have to ask it’s normally not such a great comment. Howard gave this dish a big thumbs up. Which is good news for me as it means it’s one dish I can now make time and time again. We loved this dish and we hope you do too. However you decide to eat this meal, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx