My lovely husband Howard or Hozza to his friends made my son and I a delicious hot chocolate. A few years ago I decided to post the recipe to my blog. I named it Hozza’s Hot Chocolate after the person who created the recipe.
Since starting my lavender journey I have discovered so many ways to use it in food. For my final recipe of lavender month, I slightly adapted Hozza’s Hot Chocolate. So I decided that I would join in on the ‘zza’ theme.
Although, if my name is shortened I become Lex. Then add a ‘zza’ and I become Lezza. Hence why Lezza’s Lavender Hot Chocolate. It’s actually a very warming and soothing drink that I have found has helped to calm me down. So please enjoy my version of this drink. Below is a video and recipe for you.
Do you enjoy a hot chocolate and have you tried it with herbs or spices before? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Mug x 1
- Small saucepan x 1
- Tablespoon x 1
- Stirring spoon x 1
- Full fat milk x 1 mug (Or a milk or your choice)
- Raw cacao powder x 1 tbsp
- Honey x 1 – 2 tsp (or more depending on how sweet you like it)
- Lavender x 2 – 4 stalks
- Measure the milk and put it into the sauce pan.
- Next add the raw cacao powder and maple syrup to the pan.
- Put the pan on a medium heat and stir until the powder dissolves and it has warmed through.
- Add in the lavender stalks and keep stirring.
- Be careful not to let the milk boil over.
- It should take around five minutes or so.
- Once it’s hot or at a temperature you like, remove the stalks and pour the hot chocolate back into the mug.
- Then enjoy.
Lezza’s Lavender Hot Chocolate is a delicious drink that can help to sooth and calm me. It’s a great drink to enjoy before bed and I have been known to enjoy this drink in the afternoon if I’m feeling a bit frazzled. The lavender certainly adds a distinct extra sweetness to the hot chocolate that I really enjoyed. However you decide to drink this hot chocolate, as always, please enjoy.