Date balls are one of my favourite sweet treats to eat after my lunch or dinner. Dried fruit should only be eaten is small amounts. Therefore one date ball is a perfect treat after a meal. Medjool dates have many health benefits. Firstly, they are high in fibre, they are excellent natural sweeteners and they can help with brain function too.
As much as I love dates I do enjoy a change every so often. As well as dates I really like figs and other dried fruit. To be honest, I normally just eat medjool dates and dried figs. Obviously I eat all dried fruit in moderation. Plus I have never eaten figs and dates together. As I was stood at the fridge I decided to try the two together with mint and chocolate. The results were amazing and it’s a recipe I will be making again.
Do you love dates and other dried fruit? If so, how do you eat yours? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Food processor
- Storage container/mason jar
- Medjool dates x 8
- Dried figs x 8
- Almond butter x 150g
- Ground flaxseed x 2 tbsp
- Mint x 10 – 12 leaves
- Raw cacao powder or cocoa powder x 4 tbsp plus extra for dusting
- Start by slicing the medjool dates lengthways in half then remove the stones.
- Put the dates into the food processor.
- Then cut the dried figs into halves and quarters.
- Put the figs into the food processor.
- Slice the mint leaves and put these into the food processor.
- Add in the almond butter, ground flaxseed and raw cacao powder or cacao powder.
- Place the lid on the food processor and blend all the ingredients together.
- Blend until everything in chopped up.
- The mixture will resemble breadcrumbs.
- Put extra raw cacao powder or cocoa powder into the bowl.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and compress in your palm into a ball.
- Roll the ball around in the powder in the bowl.
- Once the ball is covered in the powder put into the storage container/mason jar.
- Store in the fridge for up to three weeks if they last that long.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Mint Chocolate Date and Fig Balls were a big hit with me. Yep that’s right I made these as a sweet treat for myself. My husband Howard and son Ted aren’t the biggest fans of date balls. Therefore I knew this meal would be for me. The dried figs mixed with the dates are sweet and the mint adds a refreshing flavour. These would make a great present for yourself or a friend. That’s if you can bare to part with them. However you decide to enjoy this treat, as always, please enjoy. Thank you. xxx