Mornings are my favourite time of the day. Now I know that a lot of people aren’t good in the morning. Although I do think that how we treat ourselves at sunrise definitely defines the rest of day. Therefore many years ago now I throw out the coffee and I started drinking herbal teas. A lemon water or peppermint tea was my normal drink of choice.
One day I started to add ginger and then turmeric to my lemon water. Then I changed the lemon to a lime. In recent months I have been discovering the health benefits of all the ingredients in my morning tea and I can honestly say all of them are great at detoxifying the body especially the liver. My liver quite often needs a kick start and kicking the coffee for this drink was great for me.
What’s your prefer drink of choice in the morning? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Vegetable grater
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Turmeric x 1 centimetre piece
- Fresh ginger x 1 centimetre piece
- Limes x 1/2 juice
- Apple cider vinegar x 1 tbsp
- Collagen x 1scoop as per the packet (optional)
- Black pepper x 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil x 1 tsp (optional)
- Hot water x 1 large mug
- Start by boiling the kettle.
- Grate the ginger and turmeric into the mug.
- Cut the lime in half and set the one half aside.
- Squeeze other half of the lime into the mug.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar in the mug too.
- Put in the collagen and the black pepper as well.
- Now put in the coconut oil and if the kettle has boiled pour over the hot water.
- Stir all the ingredients together and leave to cool.
- Then serve and enjoy.
A Morning Detox Tea may not sound nor taste like the most delicious drink to have in the morning. It took me a while to get used to the flavour and you could replace the coconut oil with honey if it’s a bit to sour. For me this has been the best to drink in the morning. It starts my day the right way and keeps me going throughout. However you decide to drink this tea, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx