Pasta is a very filling meal and I must have thought of every pasta dish going. Then I found miso and this gave my pasta dishes a whole new flavour. Miso is a paste that is made from fermented soyabeans and grains and it contains millions of beneficial bacteria.
The probiotics in Miso have beneficial bacteria and enzymes for the gut. In turn this may help to aid digestion. When buying miso try to buy unpasteurised, organic and an enzymes rich product. It will better aid digestion and it might be able to help balance the gut too. Plus it made this pasta dish super tasty as well.
Have you used miso in recipes before and if so what were the recipes and how did they taste? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Large saucepan
- Cannellini beans x 200g or tinned beans x 1 400g
- Leeks x 1
- Aubergine x 1
- Courgette x 1
- Tomatoes x 1 400g tin
- Vegetable stock x 500mls
- Miso x 2 tbsp
- Tamari x 1 tbsp
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Tomato puree x 1 tbsp
- Pasta x 300g
- Kale and spinach x 1 handful
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the beans as per the packet instructions, if using dried beans.
- Drain and wash the beans through the colander, if using tinned beans.
- Wash the leek and slice it thinly.
- Peel the aubergine and courgette.
- Cut the aubergine and courgette into 1 centimetre pieces.
- Put a large saucepan onto to a high heat and add oil to the base of the pan.
- When the pan is hot add in the leeks and fry until the start to soften.
- Once the leeks have start to soften add in the courgette and aubergine pieces.
- Fry for a further few minutes.
- If the ingredients start to stick to the pan add a little bit of water and turn the heat down to a medium heat.
- Now add in the tomatoes and vegetable stock.
- Add in the miso and tamari and stir these ingredients in.
- Now add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Next add in the pasta and then turn the heat back up.
- Bring to the boil and then turn the heat down and leave to simmer as per the packet instructions.
- When the pasta is cooked, add in the beans and the spinach or kale.
- Remove from the heat and serve into bowls.
- Then enjoy.
White Bean and Miso Vegetable Pasta was a big hit in our house. Pasta is always a meal my little family and I enjoy. The meal was quick and easy to prepare and cook. Therefore it’s brilliant for a mid week meal or a quick dinner at the weekend. The sauce for this dish can also be frozen and defrosted for an even quicker meal. You could make the sauce at the weekend or just make a bigger batch of this dinner. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx