These burgers are great on the BBQ but also delicious when cooked in the oven. They are one of those all year round meals. They can be eaten in the summer and the winter too. We cooked these on the BBQ a few weeks ago when the weather was slightly warmer than it is at the moment.
Now that the weather is cooler I think we will be cooking this dinner inside until the summer next year. We had a glorious six months of warm weather in the UK. I hate to admit it I’m actually looking forward to the rain, just a little bit. Winter food has always been a favourite of mine. Sadly, it makes me happy to know I can cook these burgers in the oven now. Below is a video and recipe for you.
Do you have all year round meals and if so what? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp knife
- Large mixing bowl
- BBQ or oven
- Baking tray if using the oven
- Minced pork x 500g
- Apple puree x 2 – 4 tbsp
- Carrots x 1
- Ground flax seed or brown bread crumbs x 4 tbsp
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Set the grated carrot aside.
- Put the pork mince into the bowl and add in the apple puree, ground flax seed, dried mixed herbs, carrots, and salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Using your hands scrunch all the ingredients together until everything is well mixed in.
- Divide the mixture into 4 burgers shaping them with your hands.
- Put these on a plate and place in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or preheat the BBQ.
- When the oven is preheated, put the burgers into the baking tray and cook for around 25 – 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- To check the juices are clear, put a skewer into the burger and then pull it out – at that point the juice should run clear.
- If there is still blood in the juice, pop it back into the oven for another five minutes and check again.
- Continue with this process until the juices are clear.
- If using the BBQ cook for around 15 – 20 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Do the same as above for the BBQ too.
- Leave to rest then serve with chips and a side salad and enjoy.
Pork and Apple Burgers are so yummy and my little family really enjoyed them on one of the last warm days of the year. For this recipe I used apple puree instead of an egg. If you wanted to include an egg then please do. The burgers are so easy to make and ready for the BBQ in under ten minutes. If you wanted to make them the day before or in the morning then this is always an option too. However you decide to eat these burgers, as always, please enjoy. Thank you xxx