We eat beef a lot and I’m always trying to think of new ways to cook it. In recent months I’ve been making scotch eggs with pork and turkey mice. I thought it was time to try scotch eggs with beef. Mince beef is a great source of protein, zinc and B vitamins. Beef can help fight fatigue and tiredness and can help support immunity as well. Plus it was super tasty made into a scotch egg. We really enjoyed this meal and we hope you love it too. Below is a video and recipe for you.
What’s your favourite way to eat mince beef? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Small saucepan
- Vegetable peeler
- Vegetable grater
- Mixing bowl
- Small bowl
- Eggs x 4 medium
- Beef mince x 500g
- Ground almonds x 8 tbsp
- Carrot x 1
- Tomato puree x 2 tbsps x 1 tsp
- Ground ginger x 1 tsp
- Mild, medium or hot chilli powder x 1 – 2 tsp
- Ground coriander x 1 tsp
- Ground cumin x 1 tsp
- Ground sweet cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 – 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4
- Put a small saucepan onto the hob.
- Boil the kettle and pour the boiled water into the pan.
- Turn the heat on the hob and wait for the water to boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil add salt to the water.
- Once the water starts to boil carefully add in the eggs.
- For soft boiled eggs boil for 5 minutes and for hard boiled 8 minutes.
- When the eggs have boiled pour the water away and run under a cold tap.
- Put in a bowl of cold water for 1 minute and then pour the water away.
- It will stop them from cooking any further.
- Next crack the eggs and remove the shell under the cold tap.
- Set the eggs to one side.
- Put the beef mince into the mixing bowl.
- Add in the 4 tablespoons of ground almonds, grated carrot, tomato puree, ground ginger, mild, medium or hot chilli powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground sweet cinnamon and dried mixed herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Wet your hands under the tap.
- Scrunch these ingredients together in your hands.
- Once everything is mixed together split the mixture into four parts.
- At this point you may need to wet your hands again.
- Grad a piece of the mixture and flatten it in the palm of your hand.
- Put the egg in the middle and then wrap the meat around the boiled egg.
- Set this aside and repeat the process for the other eggs.
- Once all the eggs are covered in the meat put the rest of the ground almonds into a small bowl.
- Roll the meat covered egg in the ground almonds and repeat the process.
- Once all the scotch eggs are covered in the ground almonds put them into the baking tray.
- Cook the scotch eggs for 25 – 30 minutes or until the juice run clear from the turkey/chicken.
- Remove from the oven and serve with chips and beans or salad.
- Then enjoy.
Spicy Beef Scotch Eggs were a hit in our house. My husband Howard, son Ted and I really enjoyed this dinner. It was one to remember and one I’m sure we will be eating again. The scotch eggs could be prepared the day before and then stored in the fridge until you want to cook them. Personally I wouldn’t freeze them. I think these are much better cooked from fresh. However you decide to eat this dish, as always, please enjoy.