So here’s one I made earlier, a lot earlier in fact. Easy Apple and Blueberry Bake is one of the first recipes I made for my blog. So I thought I would show you how to make this delicious dessert in a video on my NEW YouTube channel, Googie’s Kitchen. Below is the video and recipe too.
My Apple and Blueberry Bake is a great dessert or breakfast. It is very tasty hot or cold and can be served with my Raspberry, Vanilla and Coconut ice cream or with a coconut and maple syrup cream. Whatever way you decide to try it, we hope you enjoy.
Serves 4 – 6
- Mixing bowl
- Vegetable peeler
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking dish
- Apples x 5 large eating apples
- Blueberries x 2 handfuls
- Juice of half a lemon
- Cloves x 1/4 tsp
- Gluten free oats x 200g
- Dessiccated coconut x 100g
- Date syrup x 100ml
- Light tahini x 2 tbsp or Eggs x 2 medium
- Almond milk x 100ml
- Cinnamon x 1 – 2 tsp
- Baking powder x 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Next peel, chop and core the apples.
- Place them in a sauce pan with about 50mls of water.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and the cloves.
- Leave on a high heat for 5 minutes to bring the apples to the boil.
- Then turn the heat down and leave to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Five minutes before the end of the cooking process add in the blueberries to heat through.
- Mix all the oats, desiccated coconut , cinnamon and baking powder in the bowl.
- Once the apples have cooked and have softened but still have chunky pieces, leave to cool.
- Next add the light tahini, date syrup and almond milk to the dry ingredients.
- If using the eggs then mix in a cup with a fork and add to the dry ingredients before adding the apple mix.
- Finally add the apple mixture to the dry ingredients as well and mix until the oats have soaked up all the wet ingredients.
- Place in the baking dish and cook for around 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
To make the coconut cream, simply mix a tin of coconut cream with two tablespoons of maple syrup and serve. The recipe is a great dessert that everyone in the family can enjoy. We hope you do too!