Burgers and Fish are two of my son Ted’s favourite foods. So I decided to combine the two and make a fish burger. I used the ingredients I use in my beef burgers and transferred them to the fish burgers. It made a delicious dinner and Ted ate a whole burger.
To make these burgers I did have to use my food processor to grind the fish fillets. Once the fish was ground it was quite easy to mold the mixture into burgers. I do have to warn you that the mixture will be wetter than a normal burger mixture. When the mixture is cooked in the oven it does feel much more like a burger.
My husband Howard, Ted and I all enjoyed this meal. It was a simple dinner that took no time at all to put together. I’d say I spent about an hour preparing and cooking this dish. The burgers could be made in advance of the meal to make it an even quicker mid week dinner. The effort was well worth the results and the clean plates at the end of dinner that night.
- Food processor
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Baking tray
- Cod x 600g
- Spring onions x 4
- Flax seed x 8 tbsp
- Tommy k or tomato puree x 2 tbsp
- Tamari x 2 tbsp
- Egg x 1
- Dried mixed herbs x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4 and put the baking tray in.
- Slice the fish and put it into the food processor.
- Roughly cut the spring onion into small pieces.
- Add the spring onion to the food processor along with the flax seed, tommy k, tamari, egg and dried mixed herbs.
- Put the lid on and blend these ingredients together.
- Blend until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven.
- The mixture will be wetter but shape it into burgers.
- If you don’t want to put your hands in the mixture I like to use a big serving spoon to shape them.
- Then I put the burgers straight into the baking tray.
- Put the burgers into the tray and cook for about 12 – 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Fishy Fish Burgers were a simple but yummy way to eat fish. These burgers are an ideal dinner that will feed a whole family. We ate this meal with homemade chips and peas. The dinner would not have been complete without ketchup too. (This Homemade Chip recipe will be coming soon to my blog). However you decide to eat this meal, as always, please enjoy.
Do you eat fish burgers and if so, do you buy them or make them? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx