Breakfast, for me, is the most important meal of the day. I love a tasty breakfast and this smoothie recipe it just that; yummy! It’s quick and easy to make too. Although I normally have smoothies during the warmer months as colder foods are easier to digest at that time of year. As this is such a great recipe I decided to share it with you again. So below is the blog and the video link is below the picture above.
Cherries are a delicious, sweet and juicy fruit. More and more research suggests that cherries are also beneficial to health too. The nutrients in cherries can support the body by helping to prevent cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, inflammatory diseases and Alzheimer’s disease. Cherries have high amounts of antioxidants that can fight free radical damage and can help to protect our cells. Research also shows that cherries can help to remove excess body fat and increase melotonin, supporting a healthy sleep cycle.
Smoothies are a great way to get fruit and other yummy ingredients into your diet. Cherries in this smoothie make it sweet but also refreshing. It’s a great kick start in the morning or a lovely afternoon treat. I love a smoothie in the morning for breakfast. They are quick, simple and easy. Well worth a try.
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Nutribullet or Food processor (We bought both of these products on Amazon.)
- Avocado x 1/2
- Banana x 1
- Medjool dates x 3 – 4
- Pecans x 8 – 10
- Mixed seeds x 2 tbsps (Your choice)
- Cherries x 1 handful
- Oat Milk x 200mls
- Spinach x 1 large handful
- Flax seed x 2 tsp
- Raw cacao powder x 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Local honey x 1 tsp (optional)
- Start by cutting your avocado in half and leaving the stone in one half.
- Put that in a tupperware box and store in the fridge until you want to use it.
- Add the half with no stone to the Nutribullet or food processor (having removed the skin first, of course!).
- Along with the banana, pecans, mixed seeds, medjool dates, cherries, oat milk, spinach, wheatgerm, raw cacao powder, cinnamon and/or local honey.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a glass or drink from the Nutribullet cup and enjoy.
Smoothies are a brilliant breakfast when we are in a rush in the morning. They are great to make the night before and then grab and go. They also make a great snack or pick me up in the afternoon. I love breakfast and I think it’s the most important meal of the day. So when I need it to be in super-fast time this is one breakfast I will always go to. As always, however you decide to eat/drink this meal, enjoy!
What’s your favourite summer breakfast? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like, comment and subscribe to my channel. Thank you. xxx