During the summer we visited a lovely little Welsh town called Tenby. My family and I ate in the restaurants situated around the town. On the menu in a few of the non commercial restaurants were chips with sauces. One that seemed to be popular was pizza chips.
When I got home I decided to cook my version of these dishes. As we all love chips and pizza in this house I knew that this would be one dish that would be eaten with no complaints. Plus it’s a very simple dish to cook for a lot of people. So a perfect mid week meal or weekend dinner.
- Potato peeler
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Baking tray
- Chicken x 400g (Cooked or uncooked)
- Chorizo x 100g (skin removed)
- Mozzarella x 300g
- Passata x 200mls
- Oregano x 1 teaspoon
- Potatoes x 600g
- Salad x 1 to serve with
Method for the chips
- See my Twice Cooked Chips Recipe
Method for the topping
- If using uncooked chicken cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Put the frying pan on a high heat.
- Add the oil to the base of the pan.
- Spread the oil with the plastic brush until the pan is evenly coated.
- When the pan is hot, add the chicken and fry until it’s golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and add a little bit more oil for the chorizo.
- If using cooked chicken, follow the instructions above to cook the chorizo.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo by scoring down the sausage and peeling the skin off.
- Slice the chorizo and add to the hot pan.
- Fry these for a few minutes until crispy.
- Set these two ingredients aside.
- Pour the passata into a jug and add the dried oregano.
- Stir this into the sauce.
- Once the chips are cooked remove from the oven and pour over the passata.
- Add the cooked chicken and chorizo.
- Next slice the mozzarella and place over the chips.
- Put the baking tray bake into the oven and cooked for a further 10 minutes or so.
- Until the mozzarella has melted and the passata is hot.
- Then serve with a salad and enjoy.
Chicken and Chorizo Pizza Chips was a huge success in this house. We all really enjoyed eating this meal. It was a quick dinner to prepare and cook too. So a handy dish for a mid week meal. Plus it’s a great dish that can be eaten in any season and for any reason. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, enjoy.
Chicken and Chorizo is a favourite combination in our house. Is it a favourite in your house and if so have you ever tried it with chips? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you.