My husband Howard and I love a spicy meal. So I decided to try turning my ordinary turkey dippers into spicy ones. Turkey can be a very plain meat. So it’s a great one to use when you want to add a lot of flavour to a dish. I have made Turkey Dippers but I had never thought about making them with spices.
For a bread crumb replacement I use ground flax seed. It makes a surprisingly crispy coating. Plus adding the spices makes it extra flavoursome and so tasty. For my son I made plain turkey dippers then I added the spice to the flax seed mix and made our dippers. These were so yummy and I just had to share the recipe with you.
Do you love turkey dippers and have you ever made your own? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me.
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping board
- Bowls x 3
- Baking Tray
- Turkey or chicken breasts x 500g
- Ground flax seed x 80 – 100g
- Mild chilli powder x 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika x 1 tsp
- Ginger x 1 tsp
- Ground sweet cinnamon or ground cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Dried oregano x 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown rice flour x 50g
- Egg x 2
- Olive oil or grease proof paper for the tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and put the baking tray in.
- Cut the turkey breasts into bite sized pieces.
- In one of the mixing bowls add the ground flax seed, mild or hot chilli powder, smoked paprika, ginger, ground sweet cinnamon or ground cinnamon and dried oregano.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl break the eggs and scramble them.
- Then in the third bowl add the brown rice flour.
- Dip a turkey strip or nugget into the flour, then dip it into the egg and finally into the ground flax seed mixture.
- Repeat this process until all the mixture has been used.
- You may need more or less ground flax seed, brown rice flour or egg.
- If you need less, remember to throw any leftovers away as it will have raw turkey on it.
- Place all the dippers on a baking tray and put into the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Once they are golden brown remove the dippers from the oven and serve with chips and beans.
- Then enjoy.
GF and DF Spicy Turkey Dippers were a hit with Howard and myself. We really enjoyed this meal. It was a healthier version of chicken nuggets, chips and beans. Plus it was full of flavour and so tasty. We really enjoyed this dish and we know you will love it too. However you decide to eat this meal, as always, please enjoy.