When my husband Howard and I first got together we would often stay in and watch the TV on a Saturday night. Occasionally, we would order a takeaway and if I had my way we would always have an Indian. We had our usual takeaway meals we would normally always order.
Every now and then I would order a main that sounded a bit different but Howard had his usual dishes that he really enjoyed. He would always order a Chicken Dhansak or Karahi and a Peshwari naan. Since I gave up sugar and processed foods we no longer order Indian food in. Instead I try to invent my own recipes from the takeaway menu.
My poor husband only really gets to eat Peshwari Naan if he goes out with friends for an Indian. Howard has been asking me to make a gluten free, dairy free and sugar free Peshwari naan for ages. Finally, I have found a brilliant compromise, Quinoa Peshwari Bread. Howard loved it and I’m sure you will too. Below is a video and the recipe for you.
Do you enjoy eating bread with your dinner and if so, what sort of breads do you like to eat? Let me know in the comments below and please don’t forget to like and follow me. Thank you. xxx
Makes 1 loaf
- Nutribullet or blender
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Bread tin or cake tin
- Quinoa x 200g
- Gluten free oats x 100g
- Ground almonds x 100g
- Desiccated coconut x 100g
- Raisins x 100g
- Baking powder x 2 tsp
- Bicarbonate of soda x 1 tsp
- Cinnamon x 1 tsp
- Apple and pear puree x 8 heaped tbsps
- Milk of your choice x 250 mls plus extra if necessary
- Honey x 2 tbsp
- Preheat to oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Spread the base and sides of the bread tin with oil using the plastic brush.
- Next pre-line the bread tin with the baking paper.
- Add more oil and spread across the baking paper again with the plastic brush.
- Start by putting the quinoa and gluten free oats into the blender.
- Now blend these ingredients together.
- When they resemble a flour pour into the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the desiccated coconut, raisins, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon.
- Now put the apple puree, milk of your choice and honey into the blender.
- Blend these ingredients together until they are smooth.
- Mix the blender ingredients with the ingredients in the bowl.
- Stir them together until all the flour has been soaked up by the milk.
- If it’s a bit dry add a bit of milk until the mixture becomes wetter.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-lined bread tin and spread across until it’s even.
- Place the bread tin into the oven and cook for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- After 25 minutes remove the tin from the oven and place a skewer in the bread.
- If the skewer comes out clean in several places the bread is cooked.
- However, if it doesn’t, put the bread back in for a further 5 minutes and check again.
- When the skewer is clean and the bread is cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- When the bread is cool, slice into chunks and serve.
Quinoa Peshwari Bread made Howard a very happy man. He really enjoyed this bread and we ate it with my Chicken Korma and boiled brown rice. It was a very yummy dinner and Howard’s plate was clean by the end of the meal. We also ate this bread as a breakfast a couple of days later. It was a great kick start to the day. However you decide to eat this bread, as always, enjoy. Thank you. xxx