Recently, we have had to go the local shops for our food. Normally we have it delivered by a local supermarket. Due to the virus we can’t get a delivery at the moment. So I have started going back to our local farm shop for our fresh fruit and vegetables.
Our farm shop tends to sell seasonal fruit or vegetables. So when I visit a few weeks ago they had a large amount of beetroot on sale. In the past couple of weeks I have been cooking lots of recipes with this tasty veggie. It’s been so fun thinking of new recipes that I just had to share my last idea. This pasta dish is easy and very tasty. Well worth a try.
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Baking tray
- Measuring Jug
- Nutribullet or blender
- Beetroot x 1 large
- On the vine tomatoes x 4
- Basil x 1 large handful
- Olive oil x 40mls plus extra for drizzling
- Cashew nuts x 100g
- Garlic x 3 – 4 cloves
- Salt x 1 – 2 pinches for tomatoes and beetroot
- Salt and Pepper to your taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and put the baking tray in at the same time.
- Peel the beetroot and cut into 2 centimetre pieces.
- Once the oven is preheated take the baking tray out and add the tomatoes, beetroot and garlic.
- Then drizzle over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes or until the tomatoes start to burst with juice.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- When the beetroot, garlic and tomatoes have cooled, add them to the nutribullet or blender.
- Add in the basil, olive oil, cashew nuts, and a little more salt and pepper.
- Blend for a good five minutes or until the sauce is smooth.
- Serve with a cooked pasta of your choice.
- Then enjoy.
Purple Pasta was a big hit in our house and both my husband Howard and son Ted enjoyed it. They thought the colour of the pasta was very weird but wonderful. It’s an interesting dish to serve to a fussy six year old who didn’t know what to make of this dinner. A fun, vibrant meal that tastes so good. Plus any leftover sauce can be put in the freezer and eaten for another meal. However you decide to eat this dinner, as always, please enjoy. xxx